This past weekend I played at UNCW (University of North Carolina Wilmington) with my travel team Purpose Driven Baseball. As a team we did great, going 4-0 on the weekend. I did not do good, going 1 for 7 with 2 walks. Even though I had a rough 4 games, I know what I need to work on and I’m confident that with more at-bats I will be able to figure it out.
On Saturday, I attended a camp at UNCW. We had a pro-style workout with some of the coaches of UNCW. I was really excited to be working with them because they are one of the top college baseball teams in the nation. I worked primarily with Coach Monday (hitting coach) and Coach Stott (student coach).
Things to Improve On:
- Bunting: I wasn’t able to get a bunt down this weekend. I need to set my angle and catch the ball with my bat.
- Bat angle and load step: My bat was pointed up in my load, causing me to pop up once and hit two weak grounders to second. My bat needs to be more flat (not totally flat) in my load so I can more consistently hit hard line drives. Also, right now my step in my load is pretty up and down. I need to bring my knee in and then down to create more rhythm and balance.
Things Done Well:
- Field Play: I had no errors and my throws were accurate and hard.
- Being a good teammate: I did a good job of picking up my teammates and encouraging them.
- Being willing to make an adjustment: Even thought the weekend didn’t go as planned, I know what I need to work on and feel good about my game moving forward.
It was great to play at such a high level baseball college this weekend, and I look forward to my next baseball weekend. This upcoming Wednesday I will be at an all day camp at North Carolina State University.